Effective as of January 1, 2021, Updated April 2021
The Information We Collect
1. Personal Information
When you sign up to become a Registered User, receive our newsletter, or enter any promotion or sweepstakes, you will be required to provide us with personal information about yourself (collectively, the “Personal Information”). Such Personal Information for Registered Users includes your name, address, phone number, and email address. We do not collect any Personal Information from you when you use the Services unless you provide us with the Personal Information voluntarily.
2. Billing Information
When you order products and services from us, you will be required to provide certain information in addition to the Personal Information noted above. Such information may include a debit card number, credit card number, and similar information (collectively, the “Billing Information).
3. Geolocational Information
In order to provide the Services while you are using a Mobile Device, we may, at your consent, automatically collect geolocational information from your Mobile Device, your wireless carrier, or certain third-party service providers (“Geolocational Information”).
Collection of such Geolocational Information occurs only when the Services are running on your Mobile Device. You may decline to allow us to collect such Geolocational Information, in which case Nasola will not be able to provide certain Services to you.
Because your Geolocational Information is subject to abuse by others, please be sure to manage your Mobile Device and privacy preferences on the Services on an ongoing basis.
4. Other Information
In addition to the Personal Information noted above that you voluntarily provide to us, we may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
a. From You.
Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us, such as your hobbies, personal interests, household income range, number of children, gender, and product and service preferences.
b. From Your Activity.
Information that we automatically collect when you use the Services, such as the type of Platform you’re using, your IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Websites you visit, and similar information concerning your use of the Services.
c. From Cookies.
If you do not want the Platforms to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or Mobile Device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this.
However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Services may not function properly. When the Services are made available to you through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and/or other third-party Social Media sites, please be aware that these other sites maintain their own policies regarding cookies and the collection and use of information. You are responsible for reviewing those policies.
d. From Other Sources.
We may add this information to the information we may have already collected from you via our Platforms in order to improve the products and services we provide.
The Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Advertising Companies
Pixel tags enable us, and these third-party advertisers, to recognize a browser’s cookie when a browser visits the site on which the pixel tag is located in order to learn which advertisement brings a user to a given site.
Accessing and Modifying Personal Information and Communication Preferences
If you have registered for the Services, you may access, review, and make changes to your Personal Information by (i) emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (ii) following the instructions found on the applicable Platform.
In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Nasola marketing email. Registered Users cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their account.
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
How We Use and Share the Information
We use Personal Information and Other Information to provide you the Services, solicit your feedback, inform you about our products and services and those of our third-party marketing partners, to administer our contests, and to improve our Services to you. Also, we may share Personal Information and/or Other Information as described below.
- In order to administer our contests, we may share your Personal Information and Other Information with our third-party promotional and marketing partners.
- We may from time to time share Personal Information and/or Other Information with other companies who may provide you information about the products and services they offer. However, to the extent required by law, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of such sharing.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our users and our Services, we might analyze the Other Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and Services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing marketing assistance, information technology support, and customer service. These other companies will have access to the Personal Information and the Other Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- If we or all or substantially all of our assets are acquired, we expect that Personal Information and Other Information would be transferred along with the other business assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose Personal Information and Other Information when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, or whenever we believe that disclosing the such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Nasola or others.
How We Protect Your Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect Personal Information and Other Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We use industry-standard SSL (“Secure Socket Layer”) encryption technology, a secure server, and other physical and procedural safeguards to protect the security of such information.
Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, email sent to or from Platforms may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
The Websites and the Services are operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using the Services and/or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who have an established business relationship with Nasola may choose to opt out of our sharing your Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and (1) you wish to opt out; or (2) you wish to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for the direct marketing purposes, please send an email to email@example.com or write to us at:
9103 Woodmore Centre Dr
Lanham, MD 20706
How to Contact Us